Dermal fillers: cost, availability, and procedure
Dermal fillers are among the most effective and popular solutions for eliminating aging signs in the twenty-first century. They are pretty affordable, provide outstanding results, and can be used by almost any type of a person. The treatment itself is non-invasive and fast, so there should be no worries about downtime, unpleasant consequences, or long recovery time.
For those who decided to try dermal filler cosmetic procedures, it will be useful to learn more about such aspects as price, working principle of the injectables, and the way the session is conducted to be more comfortable during it. All details you need to know are in this article, just keep reading!
How much do dermal fillers cost?
As with every product for beauty procedures, dermal fillers' cost varies on different factors; there is no defined price relatable to everything. There are many reasons, and we would like to have a closer look at the most common ones:
- The number of syringes needed for the filler treatment. In clinics, prices mainly vary depending on the number of syringes with a remedy required for achieving desired results. That is why the cost for a person who requires multiple sessions will be higher than for someone who only needs one;
- Clinic's location. If the place is located in the center of the city, treatments there will be more expensive than on the outskirts. And, as followed, fillers will cost more as well;
- The number of competitors. The more options people have, the higher chances that they will find the price which will be the most beneficial for them. So, places that have the average cost are usually the most popular because low prices are mainly associated with frauds, and if it is too expensive, a lot of people will more likely choose something more affordable;
- The overall reputation of the clinic and the experience of a medical professional. The more experienced a doctor is, the more expensive the procedure will be. At least, patients are sure that they are in the hands of a person who definitely knows what they do.
Principle of work and target areas
The purpose of all dermal filler treatments is to eliminate aging signs in people and bring back youthful looks to one's appearance. The most popular type among all available options - hyaluronic acid injectables; those help restore lost volume, fill in creases and deep folds, and make a person look much younger with plastic surgeons' assistance.
The thing is, after the age of 25, natural collagen production decreases, and skin loses its elasticity, becomes saggier, and develops a lot of facial wrinkles. By using fillers, you can not only improve appearance but also stimulate the natural production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid in the body. In this way, the skin will look much younger and fresher even after the filler wears off.
The main target area of fillers is a face, but sometimes it can be used for hands ' volume restoration as well. With the help of injectable gels, you may solve the following problems:
- Lines and wrinkles around the mouth;
- Nasolabial folds;
- Frown lines;
- Fine lines under the eyes;
- Post-acne scars;
- Lip augmentation;
- Cheek enhancement.
Depending on the area and the patient's age, a different amount of the remedy may be required; that is why a pre-appointment with a medical professional is always necessary to know the dose and the type of filler that will work the best for aesthetic goals.
Filler injection becomes effective right after the administration, so you shouldn't worry about anything; sometimes, additional time is needed for injection site reactions to fade, but it usually takes no longer than a day or two.
What side effects should you be ready for?
All types of dermal fillers are safe and effective when they are used by experienced professionals. Severe health complications are very rare; however, it is always better to be well-prepared for possible side effects. The most common reactions include injection site reactions (such as redness, swelling, bruising, itching), slight allergic reactions, headache, and increased sensitivity of the treated area. It generally takes one to two days for them to disappear, but if you take proper care of your skin, the recovery process may require less time.
Severe side effects are possible as well, so it is better to read more about those to contact a doctor on time to get proper help. Pay attention to such signs as lumps and bumps under the skin, painful sensations in the treatment area or near it, migraines, nausea, and unusual weakness. Contact your beautician if you noticed any of those, and they will tell you about further steps.
Post dermal fillers aftercare
As it was already mentioned, it is possible to eliminate the recovery time by using a few simple tips at home after hyaluronic acid-based filler administration. Those are easy, do not require a lot of effort, and the effect will be noticeable pretty fast.
So, what are the recommendations from professionals that can be used by patients?
- Stop training for some time. A person should avoid physical activity for approximately three days after the injection to avoid a filler migration under the skin;
- Avoid direct sunlight. The skin becomes extremely sensitive after any type of aesthetic treatment, and sunlight can affect it badly right after the procedure. Use sunscreen and avoid places with increased heat as well (bathtubs, saunas, hot showers, solariums, etc.);
- Do not wear heavy makeup for 2-3 days. Lipbalm and mascara are your best friends here. Other cosmetic products may cause severe irritation;
- Sleep on the back. If the face is pressed against the pillow, the migration of the product is inevitable, so it is better to be careful with the way you sleep;
- Alcohol is tabu for 24 hours, as well as some medications that be discussed with a doctor before the injection. The thing is, it can have a blood-thinning effect so that the healing process can take more time.
Dermal filler is an effective solution for people who want to eliminate aging signs and have younger-looking skin. In case there are any questions about the way those work, what the price is, and other important aspects, consultation with a professional is always an option. Do not be afraid of experimenting with your appearance - your dream looks are closer than you think!