Facial Fillers for Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Skin aging is an unavoidable process everyone will experience sooner or later. Because of the slow down in the production of natural collagen, elastin, and other crucial substances in the body, skin imperfections like facial wrinkles, sagging, dullness, pigment marks, and others may appear and affect one's self-esteem.
That is why the number of available aesthetic procedures on the market increase fast, and everyone can choose the option perfect specifically for their goals and desires. Can you guess what procedure is among the most popular and effective ones? Yes, dermal filler skin rejuvenation, you are 100% correct!
And for those who didn't know the answer, we are going to discuss this topic in more detail in this article. What are dermal fillers? What is their working principle? Is this treatment safe? All answers (and even more) can be found below. Learn more about the cosmetic sphere with BeautyDermal!
Types of Dermal Fillers Based on the Active Substance
As it was previously mentioned, dermal fillers are one of the best ways to treat deeper wrinkles and make skin youthful again. However, depending on one's goals, filler injections' composition may vary (especially the active substance). The main types wildly used in the beauty industry include:
- Hyaluronic acid fillers. The most common type among dermal fillers. These typically last from six months to a year and are meant to fill wrinkles and restore lost facial volume well. It is also a perfect option to hydrate dry skin. As a naturally-occurring substance, it rarely causes severe adverse reactions. The most famous brands are Juvederm, Restylane, etc.;
- Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers. Typical area of use - facial contouring and deeper lines and creases elimination. Depending on the set goal, it may last up to a year (for contouring) or up to three years (for wrinkles filling). Radiesse is now the most popular brand with this ingredient in its composition;
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers. This product is meant to be injected into the deeper layers of the skin to restore volume loss caused by aging or illness. Patients usually need from two to three injections to see the result, and the effect typically lasts up to two years. Sculptra is the brand most wildly used by thousands of aesthetic professionals.
Only a beautician may pick the right injectable for a person, as well as the dose, the number of needed treatment sessions, and other aspects vital for achieving optimal results. One more option is fat grafting - a procedure during which fat from the lower abdomen or other body parts is removed with the help of liposuction and injected into the zone that should be rejuvenated.
What Are the Target Areas for Filler Injectable Treatments?
A dermal filler is a unique product that may not only be incredibly effective for skin rejuvenation purposes but also can boost one's skin tone, surface, eliminate pigmentation, and bring other vital benefits.
Typically, fillers are used to get rid of lines that appear due to rich facial expressions in the following areas:
- Nasolabial folds and smile lines (lines that come from the nose to mouth and tiny wrinkles around the mouth);
- The area around the eyes (only well-trained, experienced specialist is allowed to perform this procedure);
- Marionette lines (creases that go from the mouth corners to the chin);
- Cheeks and chin (to replace lost volume and improve facial contour);
- Lips (filler is a perfect alternative to permanent implants for lip augmentation);
- Hands, neck, decollete (restore volume in the following areas).
After the administration of the injectable, a patient may expect an effective result in a few hours or days (depending on the type). The results may be delayed because of the injection spot reactions like redness, swelling, and bruising. Some individuals experience an allergic reaction rarely, but it is typically not dangerous.
For a patient's safety, as well as to avoid severe adverse reactions after the treatment session, a medical expert has to discuss post-treatment safety rules with a person. In this way, that would know for sure what to do and what not to do to keep the results and prevent dangerous side effects. In the new paragraph, we are going to talk about those in more details.
Prevent Wrinkles Safely. Useful Aftercare Tips
Aftercare routine is a natural part of one's post-filler routine that has to be followed no matter what. By doing that, it is more accessible to make the skin's surface smooth and younger-looking without any serious complications afterward. Here are a few ground rules that you should definitely try:
- Do not exercise for a few days after the injection. In this way, you'll avoid severe swelling and bruising, as well as possible filler migration;
- Avoid direct sunlight and sun exposure in general. You should always use sunscreen and wear protective clothing to keep away from UV exposure;
- Watch your sleeping position. For a few nights after the treatment, it is better to sleep on your back rather than on your belly. The last sleeping position may lead to unwanted filler migration, which is pretty problematic to correct;
- Don't drink alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours before and after the injection. In this way, you'll avoid blood-thinning, which can cause bleeding, bruising, and swelling;
- Stop using the following products - AHAs, BHAs, Retinol, and Vitamin C. It will be helpful to minimize injection site reactions;
- Avoid other cosmetic procedures two weeks before and after the procedure. If the treatment area is damaged or irritated, a beauty expert may refuse to conduct the procedure. So be careful.
Some professionals may also have recommendations for each person individually, so the appointment before the filler administration is very important. During the meeting, one's health peculiarities, allergies, desired results, and other important aspects are discussed, so do not underestimate the importance of the step.
The Bottom Line
Dermal fillers for skin rejuvenation and improvement are among the most popular and beneficial aesthetic procedures on the beauty market. They are safe, cause minimal side effects, and include numerous types for each client individually to pick the best one.
All crucial aspects of the procedure are previously discussed with a medical professional to make sure the treatment will be safe and performed according to one's wishes. Hopefully, this article was helpful, and now you understand the nature of dermal fillers better. Thank you for reading!