These days, aesthetic medicine is at a peak of its popularity, as it becomes more and more accessible. You can both enhance your beauty and prolong your youthful appearance with the help of such procedures as chemical peels, injections of dermal fillers, laser hair redundancy, and many more.
In this article, we are going to discuss mesotherapy, an extremely widespread and efficient treatment that visibly improves the general condition of your skin and hair. So, keep reading to check out what it is, what problems it treats, how it works, what side effects it might have, and, finally, how to prepare yourself for the procedure.
What Is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is one of the most popular procedures of aesthetic medicine that employs the injections of various efficient for your hair and skin preparations. The treatment might use the following substances injected under your skin:
- Amino acids of different types;
- Hyaluronic acid;
- Natural plant extracts;
- And other active ingredients.
What Is Mesotherapy Used for?
A mesotherapy injection might both enhance your beauty and help you maintain a youthful appearance in a variety of ways. When being more precise, the treatment is effectively used to treat a wide variety of skin, hair, and body-related issues. So, let's check the main effects of mesotherapy in detail.
Facial Rejuvenation and Skin Treatment
Mesotherapy is a powerful method of improving the general condition of your skin. It is frequently used for skin rejuvenation, namely:
- The treatment reduces the visible signs of aging by treating wrinkles and fine lines with the help of useful nutrients like multivitamins injected under your skin;
- The nutrition that your skin gets during the mesotherapy procedure hydrates your skin, which gives it a fresh and thus more youthful appearance;
- It restores the elasticity of your epidermis and is an efficient way to tighten skin.
Moreover, the treatment corrects underlying issues with your skin:
- Mesotherapy whitens darker spots on the pigmented skin;
- Due to the fact that the treatment improves the poor circulation and corrects the inflammation of your skin, it heals your overall skin damage ;
- The procedure is also efficient in refining your general skin tone.
Therefore, mesotherapy might not only make your appearance more youthful but also assist you in acquiring healthy and glowing skin.
Hair and Alopecia Treatment
The poor circulation of blood might prevent your hair follicles from getting a proper amount of nutrients. As a result, your hair might look limp, dull, or thin.
However, the situation can be drastically improved with the help of mesotherapy. Here is the list of the treatment's beneficial effects on your hair:
- The procedure enhances your follicles with growth factors. Thus, your hair starts to grow faster;
- Additionally, mesotherapy nourishes your hair with vitamins and other useful nutrients. Consequently, your tresses will acquire a healthy and shining appearance;
- Mesotherapy is also one of the most efficient ways to treat hair loss and cure alopecia. It activates hair re-growth in the areas of treatment and, thus, might prevent you from baldness.
This way, mesotherapy is applied in making your hair healthier and treating alopecia.
Fat Removal and Cellulite Reduction
One more thing mesotherapy is efficient in is fat removal and cellulite reduction. When undergoing the procedure, you might:
- Get rid of excess fat on your stomach, hips, legs, arms, face, and other body areas with the help of injections that would break it down;
- Reduce cellulite and make it less visible with the help of special medications.
So, mesotherapy will help you to remove fat and make cellulite less visible.
How Does the Process of Mesotherapy Work?
Being a non-surgical procedure, mesotherapy works by using microneedles (or very fine needles, as they are often called) to inject useful medications, nutrients, and vitamins into the middle layer of your skin.
These mesotherapy injections, in their turn, have a number of positive effects on the area of the shots. Each procedure affects your body in the following ways:
- Nurtures every hair follicle, delivers nutrients to it, and makes it healthier;
- Corrects hormone imbalances in areas of your skin or hair;
- Improves blood circulation.
A side-note: Depending on the type of medication that is injected and on the area of the injection itself, you can expect a slightly different effect from the procedure. For example, several mesotherapy sessions that employ hyaluronic acid will hydrate and increase the production of collagen on an area of injection, while an injection of multivitamins will nurture your skin and rejuvenate it.
What Are the Side Effects of Mesotherapy?
Despite the fact that mesotherapy is considered to be a pretty safe procedure that requires little to no recovery time, it might still lead to a number of side effects. The most common ones include:
- Bruising and redness of the injection site;
- Itching, swelling, and rash;
- Sensitivity of the shot area;
In order to minimize the risk of the appearance of the above-mentioned side-effects, make sure to choose the highest-quality preparations and experienced practitioners to practice mesotherapy.
How to Prepare for Mesotherapy?
Depending on a patient's personal health condition, doctors usually give their personal recommendations of how to prepare for the session of mesotherapy in advance.
Below, you will find the list of the most common rules that might help you to get ready for the procedure:
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours before the procedure;
- Stay away from consuming alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours before mesotherapy;
- Do not spend time under the extensive sun for a few days (about 3-4) before the treatment. This way, you will prevent the treatment area from hyperpigmentation;
- If possible, do not intake the medications to reduce pain, as they might cause bruising or bleeding during the session of mesotherapy.
How Does the Mesotherapy Post-Treatment Look Like?
Pay special attention not only to the rules of how to get ready for mesotherapy but also the general after-procedure rules, such as:
- Avoid washing the area of the treatment for 4 hours after mesotherapy;
- Do not intake anti-inflammatory medications like Aspirin for 24 hours after the therapy. You might still use general painkillers when having an ache after mesotherapy. However, make sure to consult with your practitioner concerning the name of the medication you are going to take;
- Stay away from the direct sunlight and heat (including hot bathtubs, saunas, etc.) for two weeks after the procedure;
- Drink pure water to maintain your body hydrated and try to avoid consuming alcohol after mesotherapy.
A Bottom Line
Summarizing all of the above-mentioned information, mesotherapy is an efficient treatment that is used to improve various conditions of your skin, hair, and body. However, you would need to take proper caution both before and after the procedure to achieve the best possible results.
So, how about giving mesotherapy a try and staying beautiful and attractive at all times?