Aclasta is a medicine used for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis of various aetiologies, including treatment for women suffering from osteoporosis during menopause. It is also recommended for the treatment of deforming osteitis (Paget's disease), male osteoporosis, reducing the number of fractures (hips, spine, others), and strengthening the bone skeleton. This product can be used as treatment for the above due to its ability to increase bone tissue density.
An important component of Aclasta is Zoledronic Acid, which has the ability of inhibiting bone resorption. It also has a selective effect due to it’s similarity in composition with mineralized bone tissue. The duration of action occurs as a result of an increased bond between Zoledronic acid and bone minerals, and the active center of its main molecular target - the enzyme farnesyl pyrophosphate.
When patients with osteoporosis are treated with Aclasta there is a noticeable drop in the bones’ metabolism levels. For women undergoing this treatment menopause is restored within a 12-week period.
You can purchase Aclasta through Beauty Dermal’s web store. Aclasta prices vary between different platforms, but Beauty Dermal offers the most advantageous value when purchasing individual packages as well as wholesale.
- Do not use Aclasta if you are allergic to Zoledronic Acid and Bisphosphonates.
- Cannot be prescribed in pediatric practices and may cause renal impairment
- Caution is advised to patients suffering from an impaired mineral metabolism
- Can cause hyperthermia, muscle and joint pain, headaches and influenza symptoms which develop within the first three days and increase with each re-introduction. Symptoms decrease when taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- May cause dyspeptic disorders and minor changes to the nervous system (paresthesia, anxiety, insomnia)
- Skin and other allergic reactions may occur
- Urinary system disorders may develop
Treatment and Dosage
It is given intravenously, in the form of infusions for at least 15 minutes after it has been warmed to room temperature. It is forbidden to use it simultaneously with other drugs in one system.
The dosage, frequency of administration and duration of treatment is strictly individual, and can only be prescribed by a doctor, based on the patient’s individual characteristics, course of his illness and any other physical indicators.