Winter is coming, and it means more and more people are facing the problem of dry, itchy skin, which can be pretty irritating. During this time, it is essential to remove dead skin cells, use thick moisturizers, and dedicate some extra time to take care of the sensitive dermis. There are many options for how to do so at home, but our team (along with thousands of specialists out there) highly recommends considering hyaluronic acid dermal fillers for this purpose. How exactly can this help, and what are the best brands to use in the clinic? Today’s article will answer all the questions.
Is Hyaluronic Acid Good for Dry Skin?
Regarding aesthetic problems during winter (skin), partially dry or fully dry dermis is typically the most common issue people have to deal with. That’s why worldwide-famous skincare brands constantly work on innovative formulas for new products to improve the results, provide everyone with a better hydrating effect, and forget about the problem of the winter itch forever. Hyaluronic acid is one of the most popular and useful ingredients used in various procedures because of its natural ability to attract and absorb water molecules and, in this way, provide the dermis with a higher level of hydration even in an environment with low temperatures and dry air.
People choose different methods to incorporate this product into their skincare routine: some pick special creams and serums, while others are ready for bolder moves and have dermal filler injections with a high concentration of HA. One way or another, the fact remains the same: hyaluronic acid works incredibly for itchy, red, dry skin.
Winter Itchy Skin and Other Common Problems
In order to know how to help a patient with an irritated facial surface, it is essential to find out the problem first; only in this way will it be possible to calculate the correct dosage of the injectable gel, number of treatment sessions, and other important for the procedure’s outcome factors. Below, we are going to mention the most common problems people experience during winter and some possible tips that you can recommend them after the filler administration session:
- Irritated red nose. Because many of us experience a runny nose problem after it gets colder during winter, it gets constantly rubbed and touched, which causes a high sensitivity in this area. Regular hot showers and some over-the-counter saline nasal sprays may be pretty helpful in this situation;
- Dry, itchy patches. This issue is not too severe but still quite uncomfortable and, in most cases, painful. If not taken care of properly, it may even transform into small cracks on the facial surface that can bleed and potentially let the infection inside one’s body. Switching to a richer moisturizer, bathing in lukewarm water, and not using harsh skincare products may be quite helpful here;
- Winter rash. When the temperature gets lower, our skin naturally moisturizes itself by producing more oil; as a result, we experience dry, irritated facial surfaces. It may be quite helpful to use a humidifier at home and apply natural oils from time to time (like almond or coconut) to lock natural hydration in one’s dermis.
The Best Dermal Fillers to Help Dehydrated Skin
Cold air during winter is the worst enemy for those who want to keep their skin soft, smooth, and young-looking. That’s why a lot of people prefer using all available methods to maintain healthy skin and prevent winter itch, and, believe us or not, dermal fillers can be quite helpful for this purpose. Let’s talk about some of the best brands effective for skin cells moisturizing during winter months:
- Juvederm Hydrate. This product is perfect for eliminating skin dryness during colder times. After the injection session, it stays active for up to 8 months and is perfectly suitable for the face, hands, neck, and decollete areas. The concentration of HA in the el is 13.5mg/ml;
Belotero Hydro. Dermal filler by Belotero works well for irritated skin that needs a significant boost in the short term. Its concentration of HA is 18 mg/ml, which is pretty high, so the results may last for up to 12 months. Enough to live through the winter, isn’t it?
- Stylage Hydro. A fantastic option by the Vivacy manufacturer originated in France, Stylage Hydro is able to fulfill the needs of patients with winter rash and other unfortunate issues caused by the cold season. The concentration of HA in this dermal filler is 14mg/ml, which makes it possible to provide up to 10 months of the hydrated, glowing, younger-looking dermis.
To be honest, there is much more to add to this list of products effective for winter skin tone, texture, and surface improvement, but we decided to highlight our bestsellers and make it easier for you to choose the best option for your practice. Buy dermal fillers only from a licensed supplier. Rely on the choices of your colleagues and check out all available options at FillerSupplies!
You can read more useful information in our article Injectable Treatments for Black Skin. It was just written by our professionals just for you.
Add These to the Routine to Reduce Skin Irritation During Winter
In order to keep skin healthy and glowing during winter, dermal fillers can be combined with some other components helpful for endless battles with the cold winter air. Thus, it is crucial to not only use injectable gels to keep the balance but also consider adding some new products to the skincare routine. Specialists recommend looking for options with the following ingredients in the composition:
- Hyaluronic acid. This component is crucial for youth and the glow of the skin. As the element is produced naturally in the body, hyaluronic acid plays a vital role in keeping the dermis glowing, smooth, and wrinkle-free. Recommend your patients looking for facial creams and serums with a high concentration of HA in the composition for cold weather, they will definitely notice and feel the difference;
- Natural oils. When it comes to winter, dry skin, rash, itching, and irritation are completely normal for patients with sensitive dermis. Coconut and jojoba oils are natural moisturizers, so they definitely should be considered for patients when their skin feels itchy. Shea butter will also be an effective, thick moisturizer for both the face and body;
- Aloe vera. Regarding moisturizing properties, aloe vera is an absolute hero and winner in this category! However, the composition of the products with this ingredient may vary, so it is better to help clients pick the right option based on their needs and dermis peculiarities. They cannot use the same cream for oily and dry, sensitive skin, and this nuance should be clearly explained to people to avoid unwanted irritations and other troubles.
To Sum Up: How to Get a Glowing Winter Skin?
Taking very good care of the facial skin during winter is a primary task for individuals with sensitive, easily irritated facial surfaces. Even though many available options can be tried at home, sometimes they are not enough, and that’s where cosmetic dermal filler injections can be a game changer. Injectable gels with a high concentration of hyaluronic acid are able to restore lost HA molecules and attract moisture to the dry, itchy areas of the face, making patients forget about winter-related skin problems. More exciting articles are on their way in the BeautyDermal blog, so make sure to visit it in your free time; all discussed products are available for purchase on the website as well, so check them out if you need a reliable dermal filler supplier. Thank you for reading, bye-bye!